Violent Crime

A violent crime is when another person physically harms you or threatens to harm you. It can comprise of a variety of offences – including common assault to murder; it also encompasses the use of weapons such as firearms, knives and corrosive substances like acid, Click here for more information.

Being a victim or a witness to a crime can often be difficult and you may not know very much about the criminal justice system, we can support you through each stage.



For more information, please download our PDF:

If you report a crime to Staffordshire Police, they will ask you if you are happy for your details to be passed on to the Staffordshire Victim Gateway and Restorative Justice Service. We will automatically receive your contact information and a brief overview of your experience and the crime, if you don’t specify to Staffordshire Police that you don’t want us to make contact with you. If you initially opted out of the service, you can self-refer at any time.

We can provide you with advice, information & emotional and practical support. We can liaise and advocate on your behalf, and introduce and support you to specialist services, who can help you gain the relevant support that can help in your recovery. We will be with you every step of the way. Our support is free and confidential, regardless of whether you have reported a crime or incident to the police, we are here to support you.

Please call us on the number below. You can also email us or click the ‘Contact Us’ button to self-refer:

 0330 0881 339


Crime Prevention Information

Additionally, it may also be useful for you to have advice on crime prevention that may help you to protect yourself in the future. You can find lots of useful information on local crime prevention by clicking here:  

Crime Prevention

Staffordshire Police

Emergency help 999 / Non-emergency help 101

 999 or 101 non emergency



Independent national charity, helping people to speak up and stop crime

Victim Support

Can support you to deal with the impact of anti-social behaviour

Is it an emergency?

If you are in immediate danger and support is needed right away, call Staffordshire Police on 999.  If you feel it is a non-emergency, you can log incidents that have happened by calling Staffordshire Police on 101. If you have a hearing impairment, you can use their textphone service on 18001 101

Related Links



7 in 10 people who use our Victim Gateway service are happy with the outcome.

7 in 10
Victim Gateway Logo