Criminal Injuries Compensation

You can apply for compensation if you or someone you know has been hurt in a violent crime in the past 2 years by completing an online form.

 The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) deal with compensation claims from people who have been physically or psychologically harmed because they were the victim of a violent crime. The government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme sets the amounts for compensation. (there are rules about which victims are eligible for the scheme).

You will need the unique police reference number, if you were treated for an injury and the doctor’s contact details.

Staffordshire Victims Gateway & Restorative Justice Service can advise you or help you complete an application. To get in touch, contact us by calling:
0330 0881 339 
or email

We can also advise you on appealing if your application is refused.

7 in 10 people who use our Victim Gateway service are happy with the outcome.

7 in 10
Victim Gateway Logo